Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Developing a Distribution Plan

I was recently asked about how I spend my time. My answer is that outside of the typical administrative and team obligations, I spend most of my time thinking about and developing our distribution plan. "But you don't even have a product yet" some may say...well for a new online consumer service, it's all about distribution. A person I highly respected once advised me to convert the golden rule in real estate of "location location location" and to "distribution distribution distribution" and I will have my top priorities for the year one of my startup. I can't disagree.

I'll share more about our distribution plan and the post-mortem review of how we did after we launch. For now, I believe Guy Kawasaki has a great piece about it in his blog.

No comments: